If you have lost your baggage or money or it has been delayed or stolen then you will also need to provide us with the following information:
- The booking invoice for your trip showing us exactly what you paid for your trip including any booking fees and taxes
- Receipts to show the evidence of ownership and the value of the items you are claiming for. If the items were purchased on the internet you can also send us a print out of your account purchase history. If you do not have this evidence you may also send bank or credit card statements. In some circumstances we may also accept original packaging for the item or photographic evidence that you owned the items
- If you are claiming for items which have been stolen you will need to provide a written report to show that the loss was reported to an appropriate authority e.g. police, airline or hotel representative (note that most polices require thefts to be reported to the police within 24 hours)
- If your luggage has been lost by an airline you will need to provide a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) and a letter confirming that the luggage is irretrievably lost before we can settle any claims. You will also need to provide evidence of the luggage being checked in e.g. luggage recovery tags and boarding passes
If you are also intending to claim for Money you will need to provide:
- Evidence to support the amount lost/claimed e.g. bank withdrawal slips, bank statements or foreign currency transaction slips.
Please note that we do not cover the cost of Replacement Passports or other travel documents. Under certain policies we may consider the reasonable travel and accommodation costs to obtain a replacement passport. If you intend to claim for these costs please provide evidence of the costs you incurred.
Important information about your supporting documents
We will scan any paper documents you send us, and keep them as electronic records. In most cases, we will destroy any paper documents you send us after six months.