If you have cut short your trip and intend to make a claim then you will also need to provide the following information:
- The booking invoice for your trip showing us exactly what you paid for your trip including any booking fees and taxes
- Evidence of any unused portion of your holiday which you are claiming for from your Tour Operator, Holiday Company, Travel Agency, Airline etc.
- Evidence of any additional costs incurred to return home e.g. flight tickets and accommodation costs
- If you are curtailing your claim due to a bereavement then we will need to see the death certificate (which we will return)
- For all claims arising as a result of the death or illness of a person then our medical certificate will need to be completed by the GP of the person whose death or illness has given rise to the claim
- Details of any conversations you had with the 24 Hour Emergency Assistance helpline in the course of arranging your return to the UK (note it is a requirement of your policy that arrangements to return home are approved in advance by the Emergency Helpline). If you were given a reference number please provide it
- If you have had cause to speak to anyone about a pre-existing medical condition when your insurance was arranged please send us any correspondence received by you
Important information about your supporting documents
We will scan any paper documents you send us, and keep them as electronic records. In most cases, we will destroy any paper documents you send us after six months.