If you have cancelled your holiday or trip and intend to make a claim then you will need to send us
- The booking invoice for your trip showing us exactly what you paid (and therefore what you are claiming). This should include details of any booking fees and taxes you have paid
- Evidence of any refunds you may have received following the cancellation of your trip
- Details of the cancellation costs you have incurred e.g. a copy of the tour operators invoice, unused tickets or email confirmations pertaining to these costs. It is essential that the documents you provide clearly show the date the trip was cancelled and any amounts which you have not been refunded i.e. the costs you are claiming for. This includes the costs of any accommodation and travel you have booked directly.
- If you are cancelling your claim due to a bereavement then we will need to see the death certificate (which we will return)
- For all claims pertaining to the death or illness of a person then our medical certificate will need to be completed by the GP of the person whose death or illness has given rise to the claim
- If you have had cause to speak to anyone about a pre-existing medical condition when your insurance was arranged please send us any correspondence received by you
Important information about your supporting documents
We will scan any paper documents you send us, and keep them as electronic records. In most cases, we will destroy any paper documents you send us after six months.